Start a new topic
Answered

Source DNS Name Resolution does not refresh

The reverse DNS was resolving to an incorrect name.  I corrected the issue in the DNS server, refreshed the cache on the server, verified the new updated reverse lookup was working, and then cleared the cache on the machine hosting syslog watcher, and then finally cleared the Syslog Watcher cache.  The reverse DNS name lookup name did not change as expected.

Is there something that I am doing that is incorrect?

David  

Best Answer

Hi Davis, I apologize for such a late reply. We provided support through tickets mainly. Now we decided to clean up the forum.

I've figured it out correctly. Syslog Watcher resolves the Source Name via DNS only once, when it receives the first messages for a source. If you need to correct it, please use Edit Source in the Sources tab.

Sincerely,

Brian / Syslog Watcher Support

To all:

New user error I think.  I looked at the Sources Tab and found that I had to manually update the sources resolution.

Also the Sources TAB s a GREAT feature if you don't have control over the reverse name resolution server.

David

Answer

Hi Davis, I apologize for such a late reply. We provided support through tickets mainly. Now we decided to clean up the forum.

I've figured it out correctly. Syslog Watcher resolves the Source Name via DNS only once, when it receives the first messages for a source. If you need to correct it, please use Edit Source in the Sources tab.

Sincerely,

Brian / Syslog Watcher Support

Login or Signup to post a comment