Syslog Watcher 4.8 is a maintenance update of the version 4.7.x. It contains several important bugfixes and internal improvements, but no new features. However, the version number was changed to 4.8 because it has updated copyright information and so that it will comply with the new version numbering scheme.
This update does not contain any new features, so it is available to all licensed users of Syslog Watcher 4.7.x.
The update does not require any changes to the configuration files or the storage format (applies to 4.8.3 or later), so there are no extra actions needed apart from the standard update procedure.
4.8.0 (Feb 25, 2016)
- FIXED: Memory leak occurs when the input buffer overflows (in case of very large number of incoming syslogs at once)
- FIXED: Memory leak when manually exporting collected syslogs (Syslog Watcher GUI client)
- ADDED: New index for faster search/filtering syslogs by source
- IMPROVED: "Last Syslogs" tab update timer does not overlap (the UI does not freeze in case of large number of rows in the grid)
- IMPROVED: SQLite engine was updated to 3.11.0
- IMPROVED: Regular expressions engine was switched to C++11
- REMOVED: Feedback Tool (please use the support portal instead)
4.8.1 (Mar 14, 2016)
- FIXED: Manual export syslog to a database server (Syslog Watcher GUI client)
- IMPROVED: SQLite engine was updated to 3.11.1
4.8.3 (Mar 15, 2016)
- IMPROVED: Syslog Watcher does not add the new "by-source" index to the storage files at startup (if the storage was created by Syslog Watcher 4.7.x or older)
4.8.4 (Jun 13, 2016)
- FIXED: Filter by syslog sources for the "Export to DB" feature
- FIXED: Copy(Ctrl+C)/Paste(Ctrl+V) shortcuts for few edit controls
4.8.5 (Jul 30, 2016)
- IMPROVED: Storage backup logging
- IMPROVED: Syslog parser (date format)
4.8.6 (Sep 1, 2016)
- FIXED: Storage backup on a schedule