INFO: Instructions are for Syslog Watcher version 5.x
Perform the following steps to move an existing installation (A) of Syslog Watcher server to another machine (B):
- Install Syslog Watcher server on a new system (B).
- Stop the existing instance of Syslog Watcher server (A).
- Copy the work folder from (A) to (B): C:\ProgramData\Syslog Watcher
- In case you changed the default storage folder: copy the syslog storage folder from (A) to (B)
- Start freshly installed Syslog Watcher manager and start Syslog Watcher server (B)
- Make sure:
- You can see the latest syslog messages
- A license key is loaded (select Main Toolbar -> Info)
- Settings are correct (select Main Toolbar -> Settings)
- There are no red labels in the status bar
- Uninstall the previous installation of Syslog Watcher server (A)